Page Header Entrepreneur

We are proud to serve the states of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia for all your commercial laundry equipment needs.

Immigration to the U.S.

Statewide Laundry Equipment can provide access to some of the finest immigration attorneys to acquire U.S. immigration status. Statewide has helped many foreign nationals to immigrate to the United States by purchasing a U.S. Coin Laundry.

What is EB-5 Investor Green Card?

Permanent resident status based on EB-5 eligibility is available to investors, either alone or coming with their spouse and unmarried children. Eligible foreign nationals are those who have invested, or are actively in the process of investing, the required amount of capital into a new commercial enterprise that they have established. They must further demonstrate that this investment will benefit the U.S. economy and create the requisite number of full-time jobs for qualified persons within the U.S.

What is E-2 treaty investor visa?

The E-2 treaty investor visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows foreign entrepreneurs from treaty nations to enter into the U.S. and carry out investment and trade activities. Investment activities include purchase of an existing Coin Laundry. The investment must be significantly proportional to the total investment, that is, usually more than half the total value of the enterprise or, if a new business, an amount normally considered necessary to establish the business.

What is a 'substantial investment'?

An investment of at least $200,000 is considered substantial. However, it is not fixed and there are consulates who may accept as low as $100,000, while a few demand as much as $500,000. These figures are not the regulations of the USCIS, but they reflect our experience in similar applications over the years. If the investment becomes equal or greater than $500,000, you may be eligible to petition for permanent immigration status "Green card" via an EB-5 Visa application.

What do I need to invest?

While there is no minimum amount, the investment must be sufficient to establish, or purchase, a viable Coin Laundry. It is currently difficult to make a qualifying investment with less than $100,000 to $150,000, but it may be possible. Note that for coin laundries, you will be expected to have invested the great majority of the purchase price in cash.

How long can I stay in the US on investor visa?

You may stay on a prolonged basis with unlimited five-year visa extensions or two-year status extensions as long as you maintain E-2 qualifications. There is no limit on the number of extensions you can take.

Can I study on E-2 visa?

Yes, you may study on E-2 visa; however, you may not join a full-length program like an F-1. You may take up a few credits at a university when they do not harm the primary interest of the visa.

What is the processing time for E2 visas?

The processing time for E2 visas is generally four weeks from the filing of the application, this may vary depending upon the work load in the U.S. Consulate you choose to apply. However, it may take significantly longer in some Consular posts (In particular the United Kingdom, where 8 to 10 weeks is not unusual.

What happens if I later sell my coin laundry?

If you sell the coin laundry without previously buying another qualifying coin laundry or similar establishment, you are no longer eligible to remain in E-2 status. You must either leave the States, or apply to change to a different status, for which you do qualify.

Can I apply for Green Card while on E-2 visa?

Yes, you may apply for Green Card while in the U.S. through the following options, and subject to meeting all USCIS requirements.


The information provided herein is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon without obtaining legal advice from an attorney. Information is not intended to establish an attorney client relationship. Any reliance on information contained herein is taken at your own risk. Aaxon Laundry Systems does not function as attorneys or legal counsel and do not attempt to interpret immigration law and do not provide or offer legal advice or legal services.